Hikes at Acadia National Park
Bubble Rock
1.5 miles round trip
Difficulty: moderate with some rocky and steep sections
This view was gorgeous, you are pretty high up but still level with some of the mountains. Bubble rock is perched on a cliff which is so interesting to see. From my own research, it says the rock got there from a glacier carrying it to the edge of the cliff and then melted, leaving the rock there!
Jordan Pond
Difficulty: easy, mainly flat trail with one rocky section
Jordan pond is beautiful. There are wooden bridges and planks to walk on at some sections and we saw some wildlife!
Beehive Trail
1.5 miles
Difficulty: hard, I would not consider this "beginner friendly" due to the hike being nearly vertical with places where you have to climb up iron rungs and walk along narrow cliffs
However, I HIGHLY recommend it if you have experience with more moderate hikes and are comfortable climbing some. I do NOT recommend it if you have a fear of heights, once you go up, you cannot turn around if you change your mind. There is an alternative trail to get to the top without the extreme ledges and climbing!
This trail was super fun and my favorite one we did. Even I had to calm myself down at certain points because I was a on the edge of a mountain! But it was such a good challenge to push myself through. I did it with my younger brother which was a great memory to make together :)
Ocean Path
4.4 miles (up and back)
Difficulty: easy, flat path!
We did not walk this entire trail, but we started at Sand Beach (another beautiful spot in Acadia) and walked along the path some! There are pretty rock cliffs to walk out on and see the ocean. We also stopped and saw Otter Cliff and Thunder Hole along this path. I also highly recommend checking out Thunder Hole if you can!
Cadillac Mountain
You have to purchase passes to go up to Cadillac Mountain. Bonus points if you are able to purchase sunrise tickets to see the sunrise from up there. It is the first place in the United States to see the sunrise during certain times of the year! We got tickets for 6am to catch the end of the sunrise, and it was still beautiful. Summit loop is a trail on top of the mountain where you can walk along the sides and see the ocean, surrounding islands, and peaks. We drove to the top but you can also hike it!
Comments
Post a Comment